We can offer you training in the use of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs), and can help you decide which AED is best for you if you haven't yet purchased one. AED training is often best delivered in combination with BLS. This training will be delivered on-site for you.
Course objectives for AED training:
- Identify the need for defibrillation
- Identify the safety aspects of defibrillation
- Demonstrate competence in using an AED
- To appropriately handover the patient
Sudden cardiac arrest facts:-
- It strikes without warning taking the lives of 250 people a day in the UK,
- Less than 5% of its victims survive in the UK,
- It can happen to anyone even young athletes,
- Defibrillation is the only treatment,
- Defibrillation within three minutes increases your chance of survival to over 70%.
Quick action by the first person on scene can truly make a difference in saving a life. Automatic external defibrillators (AEDs) make early defibrillation readily available and are easy to use, even for lay people with minimal training.